Monday, September 10, 2007

End of summer

As the summer in New York is getting to an end, things are becoming more serious.

Started on my PMP preparation before the weekend and this baby is going to take some of my time. Have been working on it for a couple of hours in the weekend, and today, I was the only one left in the office after 8. The actual guided course will start tomorrow.

For those of you who don't know it, PMP is the formal US approach in project management (http://www.pmi.org/). Project Management Practitioner is the name of the certification and I'll be taking the quiz in November. It's really an extension to the LPMD certification I acquired from Sogeti a while ago and it is different from the PRINCE II certification.

My last assignment has ended and with the start of the new season, tension in the office is increasing as well. I have to say, I'm just happy the peak of my 3-month-in low (dipje) appears to have been the week after I broke my toe.

Summer is ending and the weather is starting to change accordingly. Temperature is dropping to a more agreeable one at night (no coats yet, but it'll happen soon I'm sure). There's still lots of stuff to do (as I imagine will be the entire year) but my need to go out and act silly has been changed.

New Yorkers are hard to understand sometimes. To find out what they want and what they expect is taking more effort than originally anticipated. I´ll update you guys as I go I guess. I've been instructed to slow down by one of my guides (Roland from Australia). Slow down and enjoy the ride. As I am intending to follow his advice, I created a sign on my door saying just that. It seems to be helping. "No-one said it was going to be easy" helped a lot as well.

I’m not quite ready for Yoga classes yet, but I will be finding them soon I guess. Until then, the sign works just fine.

Anyway, that was it for the periodical update I guess, how is the start of spring treating you guys? Did any events happen that I should be aware of?

Speak later, Wouter