Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Stuff happens

It's been a while since I last published a post. At least that's what it feels like. Stuff happens along the way and I've been wanting to let you guys know. Anyway, here's the summary:

Two people moved out. The most important one for me being Dave. He's the one with the larges room in the house and I've been the person moving over. The process is making me feel like an American in a way. Grabbing the room. Sure, I did as anybody else that might be interested, but in a different way.

Got a nice room twice the original size and 3 windows to show for it. NY Style. Its a lot warmer though. And noizier. But I'm really happy. And I guess it'll be winter soom (it's actually getting a bit colder I think. which is really a welcom change I have to add).



Gijs has come by. He's lived here since last Saturday. Which was kinda cramped before I moved to the new room. But now its excellent.

The new girl replacing Dave (or actually me) seems nice. Met her today.

Went to the Beastie Boys. With a friend of mine, Pamela. That was an intersting experience. One of my friends phoned me up to see what I was doing, come over and stuff happened that made Pamela upset. Weirdest thing is I didn't pick up on it. So we had a chat (unamerican) about it and now I think I'm starting to understand.

Work is getting more boring and more pressure is applied. Which is something to deal with and learn from as well.

Got into the PMP class. Happy about that. And what's better, got 2 people in from my current client.

I thinks the Social Security Number thing is going somewhere. Went to JFK and spoke to another 12 people about it I think. Another 8 hours and 4 times waking up real early well invested. I think I'll have it in about two weeks. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Al in all I feel I'm exposed to the American (NY?) way of doing things a lot more. Which is very interesting. Learning a lot about the differences and the first natural response is one of denial. I'm trying to be open minded about it and it's definately working. Gotta love it guys.

I'l be going to Vegas in 3 days. I've got a week of vacation which I'm going to love for sure. I know I need it and I'll get it.

Met a lawyer through a friend. We'll have some beers tomorrow.

Had a crazy night the other day with colleagues from Sogeti. Good stuff but I was too drunk.

Went to eat in Chinatown. Saw some movies, showed Gijs around town.

Will go to an American birthday party Friday. Looking forward.

Went to the dangerlist party on the pier.

Sorry if this post was kinda all over the place, there's just so much I'm trying to tell I guess. Still in the waterfall of events. Still meeting lotsa new people and seeing lotsa different stuff. Getting tired and speaking some Dutch. I'd like to say more but I guess it'll have to wait.

Love you guys.

Ps. people that'd like to speak to me about anything, I'll be having my vacation next week so now is the time.