Thursday, August 2, 2007

It's good to work

My day today ended feeling good. I went to a client pitch today with one of the Account Executives. MOSS implemetation at one of the biggest banks in the world (banking is pretty big in NY I must say).

The Sogeti guys here have been trying to get me to be a MOSS expert. I've read the book, done the training and heard all kinds of expert saying how wonderfull it is going to be. But today I saw it for myself.

Not only did I start to see the business case, I could even jump in and help with my knowledge. This feels good. Not only have I shown my added value in the proposition, I felt I was able to demonstrate my personality in doing so. I went in and had a go at wrinting an initial initiation report. Or maybe even a sales document.

Feels good.

Things are starting to slow down at my current engagement. I notice it, my boss does and step by step, new challanges are combing by. This is just a sign of my excitement about the future possibilities. Good stuff.