Sunday, July 8, 2007

Got a bike

I guess I told you guys I decided to find a room after about 1 week. Sure I knew I was going to live in the village, but still I wanted to have a look around town. So, dutchie as I am, I bought a bike.

Of course, from living in Utrecht, I knew I should be well aware that people would be trying to steal my bike. I went ahead and got myself a decent lock. Second hand bike: 250$, decent lock: 100$.

In NY, you're supposed to use anything available to lock your bike to. You should have seen the look on the cop's face when I asked him where to in Times sq. Anywhere at all I guess.

The first week I had the thing, 14th street station outside worked like a charm. I guessed that'd be the case anywhere in the city. I might have been wrong.

Check the picture out. (The rack I mounted myself). Be sure to check the peddles and the handlebars.

Time to call my bike shop guy I thought. Howmuch for a rear wheel? He'd get back to me.