Monday, July 16, 2007

A regular Sunday

As you guys know I have a house. And this would be a good time for me to tell you a tiny little something about it. I’m living in New York, on Manhattan, in Chinatown.

Actually, I have been known to refer to my house as a drawer. And that is not too far off. My space is 7,5 by 10,5 foot. About 80 sq foot which would translate to almost 7,5 sq meter. The smallest place I’ve every lived in for the largest amount of money. 1200$, but I got a 100$ discount.

The reason I decided to go live there anyway is the people. There’s 8 rooms in the house and since this weekend we’ve got 10 people living there. 5 French (of which one I haven’t met and including 1 guest), 4 American and me. 5 girls and 5 guys. Come (FR), Thibault (FR on holiday), Iris (FR) and Camille (FR visiting), Guillaume (FR), Anna (US) and Jane (US), Wouter, Dave (US) and Carrie (US).

Now the great thing about this is that there are always people about the house. Either just to relax and listen to some music or to eat something or hag out in a bar. And this is where I wanted to go. Have some people around to spend some time with. People to know where to go.

Yesterday, I got breakfast at the Italian deli, 2 blocks downs from me. French bread, Italian cheese, Italian Parma and some salami. We ate it with 5 of us, the American girl moved in, I went to the beach with the 2 French girls, hung around at a Brooklyn bridge restaurant. Then went back to find out that the American girl decided to have someone else living in her room as well. Spent the evening watching the sequel to the one we saw last week. A French movie, I forgot the name and then went to bed. Great stuff, I had a good day.

Nothing extraordinary though, days like that happen all the time.